Drops Community

Where is my 20 Min. Gift

I invited a friend, did not receive 20 minutes of training gift as described in the invitation :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hi Manar,

Thanks for playing Drops and inviting your friend! Sorry for any glitch and inconvenience!

Please, message us from the app’s Help section, and we’ll assist you to receive the 20 minutes you well deserve!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

I did! I’m waiting! This is the 5-th day!

Hi @Manar_Hajjar,

We’re really sorry for the delay of the response!

My colleague sent you a reply via email yesterday. Please follow her suggestions and let us know if you need further help!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

Same thing here. I invited my son, he downloaded the app, which has likes. I didn’t receive any reward. Also, you suggest to use an help button or function within the app. Look as I may, I couldn’t find it in your latest Android app.

Hi @Spacec4t,

Thanks for playing Drops! We’re sorry for any inconvenience!

Please, try to send us a message from the app’s Help section in Profile >> Settings (scroll down to the bottom)!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

It doesn’t work. There aren’t any options that I can see so send you a message though the path you indicate.

Hi Gina,
I finally understood how to message your team. I did, didn’t get an answer, so finally I messaged your team a couple of times about this problem of not getting credited for 2 referrals.
But maybe I don’t know whee to look to find where the reply from your team would be. Could you please indicate me where I should find that reply?

I found it extremely difficult to even figure out how to contact the company. When I saw on this forum where to contact Drops I tried, but nothing happened when I pushed the “help” button.