Drops Community

What do the progress bars for each topic mean?

I’ve used a lot of spaced repetition apps in the past - the most well know one being Anki. I don’t really understand how this app works in terms of spaces repetition. So I’m trying to figure out how the app reinforces the stuff I crammed and learned but will soon forget after a bit. If I max out a bar underneath a topic, does that mean the thinks I learned it and it won’t test me in it anymore? How do I review “learned” material to prevent forgetting it?

Hi Paul,

Great questions! We’re currently working or fine tuning the progress bar.

Currently on Android, it shows how many words you’ve seen from the topic, while on iOS, it shows how much you’ve learned so far. These are going to be unified soon.

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

I’d also be interested to know more about the spaced repetition algorithm. Is it the same one that Anki uses, or is it one you developed yourselves? It doesn’t seem to repeat words from previous topics as often as Anki would.

Hi @Keith.uk,

The algorithm is not the same one that Anki uses, it’s our very own “secret sauce”, and it’s not fully sophisticated just yet, but we constantly work on improving the app, including the spaced repetition too.

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team