Drops Community

Update: it's working now! -- was: Headset is not playing, why?

I’m new to this app, so I might just be missing a setting, but:

I wanted to use my lightning headset to listen to the language spoken, French for that matter, but instead of speaking the new word to me, it remained silent, so I unplugged the headset and used the speakers instead.

I doubt this is intended, it at least shouldn’t be this way by default. But maybe there’s something I can do about this?

I wasn’t on commute, if I was, it’d be hard to learn including the hearing part without using my Bluetooth noise cancelling headset, since most public transport vehicles emit a lot of noise, and also I wouldn’t like to bother the other passengers.

So if someone has a solution, or at least a workaround, I’ll be grateful. :blush:

Hi @UprightBassist,

Thanks for playing Drops!

Do you experience the same issue with other apps too, when you use your headset? If not, can you please send us a message from the app’s Help section? It can help in our investigation and troubleshooting process.

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

you experience the same issue with other apps too, when you use your headset? If not, can you please send us a message from the app’s Help section?

Thank you for replying, Gina.

No, not really. No other app didn’t use the headset, as yet.
I used to get this annoyment in Google’s Translate app (the iOS 4 version, of course), but that’s understandable, being an almost ten year old program…

But as I wrote, I’m new to the iOS 12-iPhone;:thinking: I’m coming from an iPhone 4, can you imagine that?! :blush:

So, I will send you a message from the App’s help section, real soon. :wink:

Hey @UprightBassist,

We’ll try to reproduce the issue on an iPhone. Your message from the app will help in our investigation process, thanks! Also, can you please clarify what type of headset you use? Bluetooth, wireless, or a plugged in one?

I’m coming from an iPhone 4, can you imagine that?!

Well, believe it or not, I myself am not even an avid iPhone user :blush: I am an Android fan! :sunglasses:

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

1 Like

Hello!

Today it just worked, the headset played back the pronunciation — so I don’t know what exactly what went wrong the other day. The headset does not have a loose cable yet, so it’s mysterious. :thinking:

So everything is working just fine now. :blush:

III don’t understand what you mean by message, there was no message, it was just no voice recording playing back the pronunciation at the end of my first drop. :face_with_monocle:
So I was unplugging the headset right then, and it worked via the speakers.
The headset is plugged in directly into Apple’s lightning port, which is kinda like the USB C used on modem Android phones.
Apropos, I also use Android every day, and I’m a fan of neither. Apple has a ton of details done just right, but if for some reason you absolutely cannot stand their walled garden, or miss something not supplied by iOS, you’re on your own, unless you want to break the tight connection to the AppStore, i.e., the so-called jailbreaking. But I would not recommend that. :thinking:The first, admittedly dirt cheap, Android phone I bought, had a virus installed that downloaded advertisements all the time, installed other dubious apps, and would not go away by factory reset. And for a CTC601, there is no practicable way to root it, so I bought a paperweight, for that usage way too expensive!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@UprightBassist I’m happy to hear it’s working now, thanks for the update!

III don’t understand what you mean by message, there was no message, it was just no voice recording playing back the pronunciation at the end of my first drop.

When we thought it was not working, I asked you to send us a message from the app’s Help section - that message could have helped to investigate further, but now that it’s working, no need to message us from Drops.

Yeah, I kinda agree with your opinion about Apple, and there’s a big no for jailbreaking from me too! I have only good experience with Android, I’m sorry to hear you had such bad luck with that device.

Keep playing, and enjoy your daily Drops! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

1 Like