Drops Community

Sound volume option

Hi,
At least in the Spanish course I found the volume of the spoken words to be much to low compared to the notification sound. I would like to have an option to set the voice/notification volumes separately.

BR
Timo

1 Like

Hi @Timo,

Thanks for choosing Drops to learn Spanish words, and sharing your idea with us!

We’ll discuss your suggestion about volume control with the team, and we’ll see what we can do!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

I second that. The volume in the Spanish course is too low. But even worse : the volume in the automatically starting adds is much too loud!

So I have to turn the volume all the way up to be able to hear the words and after 5 minutes my ears hurt and I have to take of my earphones to prevent any damage when the advertising is playing. I think these adds are meant to sell products, not to scare me away from them?

Please fix this.

2 Likes

To add to this : I noticed the soundbites in the later Spanish topics are much louder than the earlier topics. This is annoying, especially when earlier words are repeated during a later topic.

All sound bites should be normalized to 100% volume. This can easilly be fixed by batch processing all soundbites through a sound processor.

2 Likes

Now I’m doing the “cooking” lesson in Spanish. Some words sound 2 times louder than all other words. This scares the crap out of me when I use my headphones at 100% volume (because most words are too silent to hear otherwise). Please fix this asap. It’s not so difficult to convert all soundbites using a batch processor! If you can not do it yourself : please send me all Mp3 (or whatever format you use) through wetransfer and I will do it this afternoon.

1 Like