Drops Community

Reset individual word progress (because of the update!)

I too noticed that past words have been updated, in Esperanto. Awesome. I can particularly tell because of the different voice actor.

We really need a way to reset the progress on [these] individual words.

Resetting a topic is nice (thanks!) but not viable for re-learning these changed words when there’s so many yet only a couple per category. That would be hours of wasted time - but far more importantly, practicing that much already mastered material can be really harmful to motivation.

A feature to manually reset individual words might be a better route than pushing an update to reset just those you’ve recently changed. (Picking them out isn’t much trouble.) Either way once reset they should rise to prominence in the Tough Word Dojo if I’m not mistaken? Sounds ideal!

I didn’t think this feature was needed until the recent update - but now we definitely need some sort of resolution. I hope you see the magnitude. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @CodeOptimist,

Thanks for playing Drops, and sharing your thoughts with us!

We definitely understand why you request the individual word progress reset feature.

We keep discussing how to make sure content refinements like we had in the recent update don’t disturb the learning process, or how to provide you with help to build the improved content easily in to your ever growing vocabulary.

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

I too would like to be able to reset individual word progress. I certainly appreciate the existing feature of being able to turn words off and on, but resetting and seeing new progress on the ones I find most challenging would help my motivation.

A global preference to reset all updated items’ progress automatically upon update, is definitely an option I’d turn on!