Drops Community

Loading time significantly longer than before

One of the only problems that I’ve had with the app is the loading time. It had some lag when I first started, but it wasn’t so bad- maybe about 15 seconds or so. I have 4 different Drops apps on my phone and the lag time really interferes with my ability to maintain streaks and complete sessions. I’ve noticed the app occasionally crashes now–which I didn’t experience until about 2 weeks ago. I’ve been using the app for about a month and a half and I’m really hoping that the lag isn’t proportionally related to my progress with the language. My goal is to reach the conversational level (3,000 words) within a year. I’m around 160-320 words. Does the app typically run slower as you progress in the language? If so, is there anything to do to reduce the lag? Also, is there a setting I can do so that the app uses less battery life when I’m not actively running it on my phone?

Thanks for playing Drops @Jacquie! We’re sorry for any glitch and inconvenience!

No, the app is definitely not supposed to run slower as you progress in a language.

Please, make sure you have the latest version of the app installed to your device.

If you still experience the same issue, please message us from the app’s Help section! If it’s possible, please attach a screen recording of the lag. It can help a lot in our investigation and troubleshooting process.