Drops Community

Listening Recognition Exercises

Please consider adding listening recognition exercises.
In other words, the pronunciation is played, but the user must identify the word (or picture) from listening ONLY.

Currently drops reinforces the following:

• Picture & Pronunciation to Word
  • Word & Pronuncuation to Picture
  • Picture & Pronunciation to Spelling
  • Picture to Word / Word to Picture (matching exercise)

I believe there could be huge benefit from adding

• Pronunciation to Picture
  • Pronunciation to Word

These exercises could (for example) display four pictures or four words for the user to choose from. The development should be fairly simple, since all the components are already there.

Thanks!

9 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for playing Drops and sharing your ideas with us, we really appreciate it!

I have just shared your awesome suggestions with the team. We’ll definitely discuss it and see what we can do to implement listening recognition exercises in the future!

Again, thank you for taking the time to help us to make Drops better! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

2 Likes

Gina,

Great! I appreciate the positive response.

If you do add listening, a related fun feature would be that paid users could actually select a specific type of practice (reading/recognition, spelling, or listening).

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Was there any progress on this suggestion? This is definitely something I’d love to see in the app. More variety would be great. The exercises get a little repetitive after a while.

1 Like

Agreed. @admin Can you tell us about the discussion you had with the team?

Hi All,

The team think it’s a great idea, but at this moment, we need to focus on other priorities.

The request is now on our radar anyways, but I can’t give you a time estimate when we can start working on listening recognition exercises.

If there’s any further progress, we’ll let you know here!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

1 Like