Drops Community

Lifetime or recurring payment?

Hi there, I could definitely use some help with clarifying a Lifetime account matter.

As I’ve read on this forum it was stated that, “The Curious, Genius, and Polyglot can be paid on a monthly, yearly, and lifetime which are set on a difference pricing as well.”

I thought I just purchased a lifetime, unlimited time subscription today for $31.99, but now I am uncertain, as I was charged $34.35 instead.

On the iTunes app page under information is says:

In-App Purchases
Genius for a month $7.99
Curious for a month $2.99
Language Genius: Free trial $7.99
Unlimited time! $12.99
Unlimited time! $31.99
Unlimited time! $47.99
Unlimited time for all Languages! $49.99
Unlimited time! $64.99
Daily 10 minutes bonus $39.99
Daily 10 minutes bonus $17.99

I also noticed that for some reason it is saying that I bought not only the unlimited time for $31.99 but that I also paid for the Genius for a Month / Language Genius: $7.99?

A screenshot:

I never ordered this “Free trial” for $7.99 (and how is it free if you’re charging $7.99)?

I’ve been under the impression that I would pay only $31.99 once today and never have to pay anything recurring.

Then on the iTunes app page it says:

• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
  • Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
  • Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
  • No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period

It makes no mention whether this will be the case for Lifetime subscriptions. And I just searched for it, and don’t even see an Auto-renewal button in the Account Settings…

So how do I know that I actually have a Lifetime subscription, and made a one time payment only? The only information mentioned on my actual iPhone App is that my current plan is “Genius”.

Honestly, I’ve enjoyed using this app a lot, which is why I was really looking forward to purchasing it today. Unfortunately I feel blocked right now with so much uncertainty about my subscription. Please help?

Warmest wishes,
Hannah

I want to apologize regarding the extra fee. I JUST received my Apple receipt and noticed there was tax added. I hadn’t realized there would be tax, so that’s solved.

Now just to find out if this is a one time only fee for Lifetime :slight_smile:

Warmest wishes,
Hannah

archived #3