Drops Community

Errors in Thai drops

For the most part I’m loving using drops in Thai!

But I think I’ve found a few discrepancies or errors.

In the PETS section, the Thai phrase for “I stroke” (as in “I stroke a cat”) sounds different (S) to the written Thai (L).

Also in the ANIMALS section, the word written for donkey doesn’t match the word that is spoken for donkey. I think the spoken one is correct and the written one is top long and possibly incorrect.

Can anyone else verify this and how are we able to correct it if they are errors?

M

In COOKING there is a spelling error for “juicer” in Thai (the app uses a ‘p’ instead of a ‘k’). The audio is correct.

In COOKING the Thai spelling for corkscrew is also incorrect.

In COOKING the Thai spelling for NUTCRACKER looks incorrect (compared to the audio) and also doesn’t match with the dictionary

Hi Mali,

Thanks for playing Drops! We’re sorry for any glitch and inconvenience!

We’ll make sure to double check the words you called our attention to, and fix them as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I can’t give you a time estimate when the corrected version will be available, but we work hard to refine the app, constantly.

We appreciate your patience, and your help to make Drops better!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

In the Weather category as well, “storm” is written พายุ /paa-yú/ but the pronunciation says “haa-yú” instead.

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for posting here your finding, we’ll make sure to take a closer look and fix it too, as soon as possible!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

Hello. Found a typo in TEA AND COFFEE section.

Apron should be ผ้ากันเปื้อน.
Coffee Grinder is spelled เครื่องบดเมล็ดกาแฟ but the audio says the shorter เครื่องบดกาแฟ. It’s not such a big deal, but consistency would be better.

Thanks! :v: Loving the app by the way. It really helps!

Hi admin team :):smile:

In the MORE CLOTHES section, the word for sunglasses is spelt wrong but the audio is correct.

Just a word to add to your next edit time, no rush!

Blessings, Mali

I just started using Drops for Thai and it’s amazing!! Really pleased with this app so far.

One suggestion – on the alphabet lessons, the romanized text for the characters isn’t very useful because many are the same and a few only differ by an accent.

Instead, I’d recommend using the common Thai rhymes to memorize characters – for instance, ก becomes gaaw gai. This would help distinguish the characters a lot!

Hi @Arai, and Hi @Mali,

Thanks a lot for sending us your findings, we’ll make sure to fix the typos as soon as possible! It’s really awesome you take the time to help us to make Drops even better!

Hello @craymen,

We’re really happy to hear you like Drops, and thank you for sharing your suggestion! We’ll definitely discuss it with the team, and we’ll see what we can do!

Keep learning, enjoy your daily Drops! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

Under the Vegetable section, ต้นกระเทียม (leek) is pronounced wrongly

Thanks @Belicia_Ong ! We’ll add this word to our to do list as well, and correct it as soon as possible!

Some pronunciation errors
Under the exotic fruits category: เสาวรส passion fruit
Under the Herbs category: เปเปอร์มินท์ peppermint

Thank you:)

Thanks @Belicia_Ong !

First, a big high five for building a great tool for vocab review and development! I learned Thai 20 years ago and have been struggling to stay sharp. This is a perfect app for that! Thank you!

A few improvement suggestions for “Oral Care” category. First, the English word “drilling” matches with the Thai word for drill and should have a การ prefix. Second the word for filling is altogether off. The image shows filling a cup so the implication is you’re asking for a generic, non dental related word. And, the Thai word is presented as a verb. I suppose this was meant to be การอุดฟัน instead of ฉันอุดฟัน.

Hi @htj,

Thanks for the kind words about Drops, we’re happy to hear the app helps you to keep your Thai skills in shape!

We really appreciate your improvement suggestions! We’ll take a closer look at the words you called our attention to, and correct them, as soon as possible!

Again, thank you for taking the time to help us making Drops better! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

Error - incorrect word for donkey:

Hello, I’ve noticed a misspelling in the Thai for ‘debate’ and the wrong term for ‘dethrone’ (the one used doesn’t use the term for ‘throne,’ only the word for ‘position’).

Thanks!

Hi @htj,
Hello @Kirt_Mausert,

Thanks for playing Drops and reporting these unfortunate errors to us!

We’re working on a major content update for Thai, please stay tuned!

We appreciate your patience, and your help to refine Drops!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team