Drops Community

English -> Russian things to fix #1 (dontaylor2)

зажигалка = lighter (not lantern)
lantern = фонарь (not зажигалка)
верёвка (spelling includes ё)
Audio for наушник/наушники needs to be reversed; наушник is singular, e.g. earphone/headphone/headset; наушники is plural, e.g. headphones/earbuds

Some quirks I’ve noticed:
During the spelling exercises, there may be multiple instances of the same letter, e.g. two Д, but only one of them is the “right” one. If I choose the other, it counts as a mistake.

There may be different pictures with the same translation, e.g. two translations of парикмахер.

1 Like

I wasn’t allowed to post two attachments at once, so here’s more:

Sometimes two closely related ideas show up in the same exercise, making it hard to choose, e.g. снег and идёт снег, дожь and идёт дождь, or солнце and светит солнце. Either there should be easily distinguishable differences in the picture, or the two words/phrases/pics shouldn’t show up together in the same exercise.

1 Like

Grabbed an example of the multiple letter issue I mentioned above (granted, the example is Hebrew, not Russian, but the issue exists in both versions). The word I’m working on in the picture is אני, so the next letter is נ, and there are two of these shown. I’ve already attempted one, and it was wrong; the second one worked.

1 Like

Apparently nobody’s reading these, but I’ll keep tacking things on anyway.

орёл is spelled with ё not е.

Лёгкие is spelled with ё. not е.

The icon for “balloon” (singular) shows many balloons (plural).

The icon for “I choke” doesn’t become highlighted in the matching exercise.

Согласен, при изучении языков картинки должны быть различаемыми. Очень неудобно, когда изображения похожи между собой и означают близкие по значению слова или выражения.

вёсла (oars) should be spelled with ё not е.

Thanks for playing Drops @dontaylor2 and sharing your feedback with us, we really appreciate it!

We have acknowledged the problems you called our attention to, sorry for the delayed response!

If you run into any other word you have an issue with, please flag it in the app!

The reports from the app now go directly to our content management team, so they see what needs to be fixed or improved with the translators and native speaker proofreaders:

Please, make sure you have the latest version of the app installed! If you still have trouble with the same letters in a mini game, please message us from the app’s Help section. It can help a lot in our investigation and troubleshooting process.

Thank you! That sounds great! I saw that the app was updated just 8 hours ago, but didn’t run across any of the aforementioned issues during today’s session. I will keep looking. I also specifically looked for the flag you mentioned in the lower left corner, but don’t see it there.

And one more error: морской ёж is spelled with ё

The flag is displayed in the bottom left corner when a new word is introduced. If you are further ahead in the learning process, you can find the flag in the Word Preview list.

Please visit this topic where we posted screenshots to help finding the flag:

Wrong Word - How to Report