Drops Community

EMAIL-Provider Login / resend Password issue

Hello,

I used Drops (japanese) a few months (874 Words learned until now) and also purchased an one year subscription.
On my Device A I logged in with my Mail-Address and it showed the whole time “Logged in, Everything OK. My Success will be saved.” in the personal menu.
I dropped Device A a few days ago and the display is working but has now the “permanent spider app” installed :slight_smile:
Today I got Device B. The subscription got restored.
My Problem is with Backing up and restore my Effort/Success.
On Device B it says, that the User does not exists.
I did also:
login with a complete new e-Mail on Device A in drops.
Tried to login with this new e-Mail on Device B - but also it says: User is unknown.
If I try to “resned the password” it says that the user / client id is unknown.
If I try to reregister the E-Mail - it says that this E-Mail is already registered @_@.

Some help would be nice.

Hi @Kagome,

Thanks for playing Drops! Apologies for the late reply, and sorry to hear about the installation of the “permanent spider app” to your old device …

Can you please send us a message from the app’s Help section referring to #1315, and confirm the email address you originally used to log in to Drops?

We’d like to investigate and troubleshoot this unfortunate issue, as soon as possible!

We appreciate your cooperation and patience!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

Thank you,

I opened a Ticket: 34962.
The provided solution by Gina was to wirte the Mail-address in lower-case only.
The solution worked for me.
I want to share the solution here because my people read a forum or google for a solution before they contact the support…

Thank you again for the provided support.

Hi Drops Staff, I have a kind of similar problem.
I use Drops 31 and I first registered and get an annual premium account on Device A, everyghing were fine, I used to receive emails from you at my hotmail address.
Then, I received your mail about the maori language and I was surprised to see the first sentence "Hi |FNAME| " (see attached picture). Then I changed my phone.
I used a special app of samsung to automatically upload all the apps of Device A on Device B. In this way, Drops 31 installed itself and it seems it synchronized itself with the Google Play account.
But if I go in the profile, my sccount premium is here, but the app asks me to synchronize over and over.
I tired to lig in and it says. When I tried on Device A to disconnect and reconnect it didn’t work so I’m no longer registered anywhere. My mail is lower-case only and if I ask “forgotten password” it seems my account doesn’t exists anymore

I used a Galaxy A5 and now I’m on a Galaxy Note 9, my Drop version is 30.48.3

Can you help me please ? :slight_smile:

Hi @AnjStaz,

Thanks for playing Drops! We’re sorry for any inconvenience!

The |FNAME| error is coming from the third party service we use to deliver emails, we are aware of that and have been working on a fix.

If you want to use Drops on a new device, please make sure you log in with the very same hotmail address you used first. If you still have trouble, please message us from the app’s Help section referring to #1315/4, and send us a screenshot of the message you see when you try to log in!

We’ll investigate and assist you to sort everything out!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

Hi Gina,

Well, I guess the problem isn’t one anymore but the process was strange enough…

I used to log with my Hotmail address and had my account on it from the beginning.
As I wanted to message you on the Help section the app asked for my Google Play account (the heck ?!).
Then it logged me in with my Gmail address… And it seems it kept everything from my previous account, which I never got on this device…

I don’t really get what append there but I think either Google Play or Samsung Switch made a crash test somewhere against the Drops’ account system :joy:

I suppose my accounts just merged now? :thinking:
I guess I’ll have an answer with your next newsletter, depending on which address I’ll receive it :rofl:

Still, thank you for your help and kindness :slightly_smiling_face: !