Drops Community

Apple family sharing - Premium subscription

I’ve just started using the free version of the Portuguese Drops app on my iPhone. I have 2 other family members in my Family Sharing group with Apple. If I pay for Premium once, will all three of us have unlimited time on the app on our own devices? Or will it only be me with unlimited time and the others just have the free 5 minutes (meaning I have to pay three times)?
Thanks
Alex

Hi @Alex_Rafinski,

Thanks for choosing Drops to learn Portuguese!

Currently Apple doesn’t support family sharing for In-App Purchase products. You can find more detailed information about this here:

Let us know if you have more questions or need further assistance!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team

Out of interest, does Drops think that it is reasonable to have one family pay three times to use the app? We are all travelling together to Brazil and all want to use the app together. If we bought a book, we’d just buy one and share it between us. If Drops agrees that one purchase should apply to the family, would they consider creating a version that costs say £35 on App Store (i.e. subscription paid up front rather than through in-app purchases) that would then allow family sharing to work?

Thanks
Alex

Hi @Alex_Rafinski,

Thanks for giving a try to Drops!

Currently we don’t offer a family subscription option, but we have definitely been thinking about a solution to this.

We can’t give you a time estimate when a family plan will be introduced, but we constantly work hard on improving and expanding the app, so please stay tuned!

Cheers,

Gina
@ The Drops Support Team